This is a Build-a-Box item
N-Ext 7-0-0 Greene EfFect™
combines nitrogen and iron uniquely to give you a greener lawn, without a growth push. 7-0-0 Greene EfFect™ can be absorbed directly into grass leaf tissue, which brings a faster green-up.
- One gallon covers 16,000 sq ft
- 7% is nitrogen and 6% is iron
- This gives lawns a deeper “blue” look that really sets this apart
Greene EfFect is formulated with citric acid that gives it the ability to absorb directly into leaf tissue instead of having to get watered into the soil and taken in by the roots. Greene Effect is your go-to if you want the fastest results as far as dark green color goes. The 6% iron is what gives your lawn the deep blue-green color, but not only that, this product works very quickly. The secret here is foliar intake! Spraying this product on the lawn in a finer mist is recommended, and you will see results within 24-48 hours. No need to water it in.
Greene EfFect has two key elements that set this fertilizer apart from the other N-Ext products we sell, nitrogen and iron.
For the Nitrogen
- Applying this to your lawn will give you 0.04 lbs nitrogen with an 8 oz/gallon application rate. Not much to write home about right? The recommended amount of N in your soil is 8-16 ppm.
- Let’s break down the math into lbs/1,000 sq ft. You guys are used to putting down some real “pounds on the ground” and at least getting .5 or .75 lbs/Nitrogen/1,000 sq ft… but that’s with our granular apps.
For the Fe - our old buddy IRON!
- The recommended amount of iron in the soil is 2-4 ppm, which is the secret weapon of the 7-0-0 Greene EfFect. The iron is like a little liquid green bomb that you can apply in between your regular fert apps to keep everything looking double dark WITHOUT pushing a flush of growth.
- Iron is what gives lawns a deeper “blue” look that really sets them off. You’ll get .038 lbs Fe with an 8 oz/gallon application rate
- Iron is a “Micronutrient”, meaning you only need a small amount in order to push plants to optimum levels. It takes much fewer “pounds on the ground” of iron to get a visual response
Greene EfFect can be applied with a backpack/pump sprayer, if you use an Ortho hose-end sprayer, here is a video with instructions. If you are using the YM hose-end sprayer, here is a video with those instructions.
Can be applied at any time during the growing season for cool and warm-season lawns.
Greene EfFect can be used on all grass types, including the following:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia