This is a Build-a-Box item
N-Ext 9-0-1 Greene Start™
Multipurpose Fertilizer is a complete product for seeding and drought-stressed lawn situations. It also makes for a great low nitrogen spoon-feeding.
- One 2.5 gallon covers up to 71,000 sq ft
- Analysis 9-0-1::N-P-K
- Great for overseeding and grow-ins
GreeneStart Multipurpose Fertilizer is a complete product for all types of lawn and garden applications. It's got a little bit of everything you need including the following:
- 9% nitrogen for a nice green color without pushing top growth
- 1% available potash to help lawns in stress
- 1.5% iron for a nice green pop
- It also contains 8% humic acid for a carbon source and chelator as well as 1% sea kelp as a microbe stimulant. That's why we call it a "complete" product because it contains fertilizing nutrients as well as bio-stimulants sea kelp and humic, all in one mix!
Greene Start will provide excellent germination rates of seeds without the risk of burning the seeds and it can bring about quick rooting of new turf seedlings. It is the best product available for both re-seeding and overseeding all types of turfgrass.
For Drought Stress
With lawns suffering from drought stress, this product will establish significant root mass and depth (drought resistance) as well as stimulate considerable soil activity which will improve soil fertility.
- For cool-season grass varieties, it is a recommended product for non-irrigated lawns during periods of drought stress.
- For warm-season grass varieties, it is a recommended product for lawns where poor soil fertility is inhibiting plant health and nutrient uptake.
- 9-0-1 is recommended for soil (non-foliar) applications on established plants, shrubs, and trees.
This can be applied with a backpack/pump sprayer, if you use an Ortho hose-end sprayer, here is a video with instructions. If you are using the YM hose-end sprayer, here is a video with those instructions.
Can be applied at any time during the growing season for cool and warm-season lawns.
Greene Start can be used on all grass types, including the following:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia