N-Ext 9-0-1 GreeneStart™ Multipurpose Fertilizer is a complete product for seeding and drought-stressed lawn situations. It also makes for a great low nitrogen spoon-feeding.
- One gallon covers up to 14,200 sq ft at the low rate of 9 oz/1,000 sq ft
- Analysis 9-0-1::N-P-K
- Great for over-seeding and grow-ins
- Available in multiple sizes*
GreeneStart Multipurpose Fertilizer is a complete product for all types of lawn and garden applications. It's got a little bit of everything you need including the following:
- 9% nitrogen for a nice green color without pushing top growth
- 1% available potash to help lawns in stress
- 1.5% iron for a nice green pop
It also contains 8% humic acid for a carbon source and chelator as well as 1% sea kelp as a microbe stimulant. That's why we call it a "complete" product because it contains fertilizing nutrients as well as bio-stimulants sea kelp and humic, all in one mix!
GreeneStart will provide excellent germination rates of seeds without risk of burning the seeds and it can bring about quick rooting of new turf seedlings. It is the best product available for both re-seeding and over-seeding all types of turf-grass.
For Drought Stress
With lawns suffering from drought stress, this product will establish significant root mass and depth (drought resistance) as well as stimulate considerable soil activity which will improve soil fertility.
- For cool-season grass varieties, it is a recommended product for non-irrigated lawns during periods of drought stress.
- For warm-season grass varieties, it is a recommended product for lawns where poor soil fertility is inhibiting plant health and nutrient uptake.
- 9-0-1 is recommended for soil (non-foliar) applications on established plants, shrubs, and trees.
Available in multiple sizes: Size options on this item are 1, 2, 4, or 5 gallon
- 1 Single Gallon (128 oz) = covers up to 14,200 sq ft
- 2 Gallon Pack (256 oz) = covers up to 28,400 sq ft
- 4 Gallon Pack (512 oz) = covers up to 56, 800 sq ft
- 5 Gallon Pack (640 oz) = covers up to 71,100 sq ft
You can SAVE MONEY with the “mix and match” in our Build-a-Box options.
For a list of all Greene County products, here is a link to the other options.
GreeneStart can be applied with a backpack/pump sprayer. Use a tip such as a flood jet that delivers a larger droplet size, if you use an ortho sprayer, here is a video with instructions. If you are using a quart hose-end sprayer, here is a video with instructions.
GreeneStart can be applied at any time during the growing season on all grass types, including the following:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia
14,200 sq ft at the low rate (9 oz/1,000 sq ft)
8,000 sq ft at the high rate (16 oz/1,000 sq ft)
Mix 9 oz or 16 oz per gallon of water in a backpack/pump sprayer, spray that evenly across 1,000 sq ft of lawn or landscape area
Seeding/Sodding: Apply to the bare ground (for sod) or directly on top of seed (for seeding) and water it in. Repeat this application 15 days later.
Typical Use: Apply every 30 -45 days
Water into the soil within 24 hours with 1/4" of rainfall or irrigation
Do not apply if your lawn is saturated
Rinse excess off sidewalks and driveways to avoid staining
- Label/Specs/SDS: GreeneStart info
- Package Includes: One, Two, Four Single Gallon(s), or 5-Gallon (two 2.5 gallon bottles) based on selection
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. The product will store for 2 years under warehouse conditions.
Included for most states within the U.S.
NO P.O. Boxes
|Alaska (AK), Hawaii (HI), and Oregon (OR)
Yes, free stickers with this item
Typical Delivery Time
4 - 7 business days
|Cancel | Return | Exchange
All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges